Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A tray transformation

 This tray has been around for a very long time.
It was once in my parents' house, then in an apartment I lived in after college, then it disappeared, and now it has re-appeared in our house.


The green polka dot fabric is cute but I was ready for a change so I pulled out this ikat fabric I had leftover from a curtain:



The wood part of the tray was a light yellow/green which didn't match the new fabric so I decided to give it a new coat of paint. 


Of course I used Annie Sloan Paris Grey because I am obsessed with that paint 
(see what else I've painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint here).
Yikes...this can has taken quite a beating!


Here is the final product:


I promised to give the tray to my sister, who recently moved into a new place in the city and is in need of some decorations. 
That didn't stop me from trying it out in my living room. 
Don't worry Jamie, it is still yours!






About the accessories on top of the tray...
The candle is from Home Goods, the bottom two books and plant (which is fake although I added soil to the top to make it appear real) are from garage sales, and the book on top was part of a wedding gift.


A quick re-cap of the before & after:

 



Happy hump day!
- Caitlin

2 comments:

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.