Saturday, August 17, 2013

Coasting.

The other day I decided to do a quick and easy DIY project by making some coasters using the Farrow & Ball wallpaper samples that came in the mail last week.


First, I cut the paper into squares just a little smaller than the tiles (less than $1 each at Home Depot
so that there would be a border.


Then, I used homemade mod podge (equal parts water and Elmer's glue) to adhere the paper to the tile.



Lastly, I added some felt pads to the bottom. 
These comes in sheets so that you can cover the entire bottom of the tile (which would probably look nicer and more finished) but I didn't have enough of that to cover all four so I used these dots instead.



Here they are in our living room:




Have a great weekend!
- Caitlin

6 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the tip! i ordered some of the wallpaper samples thanks to your great idea. we framed and hung two, and turned the rest in to coasters by cutting and sliding in to glass photo coasters. i loved the vermicelli and leopard prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! and how easy to just slide the paper into the glass photo coasters. you can change them out when you get sick of them.

      Delete
  2. These are great! I love using samples in projects, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin, congratulations for your delicious creation! It is a truly original idea and I also seems easy to achieve. A hug from Italy. Paola from http://ilpaeseincantato.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this idea too! I have a few more S&L samples so this would be a great project for them. Thanks, Caitlin!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.