Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Be our guest

Our guest room has been shown some love!
Here's what it was looking like before:


And here is what it looks like now:


I've posted about this bed before. It is from Overstock.com and is currently out of stock however, you can have the website alert you via e-mail when it is back in stock. The name of the bed is Ethan Home Giselle Black Graceful Lines Victorian Metal Bed. 


The big striped pillows in the back were a great deal on One Kings Lane.



This charcoal and white ticking stripe duvet cover at the end of the bed is from Pottery Barn that I found new with tags on eBay.



I found this mirror at an estate sale. 
It was gold and silver, but I painted it white and distressed it to pop against the gray wall.
By the way, the wall paint color is Behr's sculptor clay 
(leftover paint from the guest room in my parents' house a.k.a. free paint).


On each side of the bed, I have matching lamps that can be found here from Target
I wanted white lamps to contrast against the dark bronzed furniture.



The nightstand is accessorized with a coffee table book and a clock (both from garage sales).


This nightstand on the other side of the bed was originally a bar cart. 
I bought it at a garage sale last fall for only $5! It was gold, so I spray painted it.


Doesn't everyone have a framed picture of their dog on a nightstand?


The trunk was a Christmas gift from my parents.
We had been using it as a coffee table but I decided to try it here at the foot of the bed.


I bought this monogrammed West Elm blanket new with tags on eBay.



And the rug here from Crate & Barrel.


And I finally found a spot for that Annie Sloan painted mirror!



This wire hamper is from Marshalls and looks very similar to this much more expensive Pottery Barn one.



This room is looking so much better than our master bedroom, we might just start sleeping in here!
Happy hump day!

-Caitlin

10 comments:

  1. OMG better than i imagined, soooo cute. see it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great room!!! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your white quilt on the bed? Thanks, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, I bought it about a year ago from Home Goods. The tag on the quilt says "Grammercy". I hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. I have that trunk too! It was my grandfather's, with a sticker from when he went to college--so I'd guess probably it's probably from the late 1920's/early 1930's. We use it in our guest room as well. Looks great! Tenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room! This hamper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that wire hamper!! I really need a way to store my throw pillows at night that doesn't involve the word "floor." Lol. But I can't believe you spray painted that bar cart!! (Unless of course it was really beat up.) I have the exact same one and it's by far my favorite piece in my home. I style it for every season! I also have my Typo Lightbox on it and it currently says "New Year, New You."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read reviews about this bed being too wide for a standard mattress. Did you have that problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no I didn't experience that and neither did a few family members of mine that also purchased the bed.

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.