Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday boy!

Where exactly did the last 10+ years go?
One of my earliest memories of my husband and I being together is celebrating his 18th birthday.
Now he turned 30 and I can't believe how quickly time flies!

Although he did not want to make a big deal (or any deal at all really) over him turning 30, 
I decided to have a very small get together to celebrate his birthday.

Because the party was low-key and casual, I did online invitations via paperlesspost.com.
This site has tons of really cool looking invitations for really any occasion you can think of and it is free.
Here's the invite I chose (with our address blurred out):


For the party, I was inspired by this photo display that I saw on Pinterest...

Photo display for a party

...and created my own version:


I made the burlap and fabric banners using twine and a hot glue gun.



I strung photos of Chris on the same twine using clothespins.
Look at that face!




We had the bar set up below:


And this is not just any bar. 
Chris built this one himself! 


He modeled it after this Pottery Barn one
Don't they look so similar?


Alternate View

Alternate View

He even added a look-alike towel holder...



and bottle opener!


On top of the bar, I made a runner out of fabric (and by made, I just cut the fabric with pinking shears) 
that I used in all different parts of the party.




I filled this drink dispenser with a wine spritzer 
(white wine, seltzer, one bag of frozen raspberries, and fresh peaches).


I ordered these paper straws from TomKat Studio.











Even the dogs were sporting the geometric fabric. 
Here's Abbey, my brother's and sister-in-law's dog:


And our dog Rosie (or as our niece calls her, Rosemary).


Check out the homemade corn hole game our friend made for Chris!


The bean bags matched the theme of the party!




My mother-in-law, who is an amazing baker, made the cake:


How perfect are these candles?






 


 

It was a great day with family & friends.
Happy birthday Chris!

4 comments:

  1. How have I never seen this post before?! Everything is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must add this DIY bar to the hubs' summer project list. Love me a good PB knockoff project. Do u keep the bar outside year round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't keep it outside during the winter but this spring/summer, it has been left outdoors. It's been holding up fine despite a few rainy days but we should probably invest in a plastic cover to protect it because I'm not sure how much exposure to the elements it can take!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.