Thursday, June 6, 2013

Everybody must get "sloaned"

I know I'm married but I'm having an affair with Annie Sloan. The paint, that is. 
It is a "chalk" paint line that also has waxes and brushes and I'm slowly becoming obsessed. 
It is pricey for sure but a little goes a long way. We've painted many different things already and the can is still very full.


The latest thing I've "sloaned" was this antique dry sink. Here's the before:


And here is the after:


Before we painted it, we knocked out the decorative trim on the bottom so that it would have cleaner lines (you can see the difference in the before and after). Then, we coated it a couple times in Annie Sloan's Old White. Once it was dry (and this stuff dries pretty fast, which is good for people like me who are too impatient to wait for paint to dry), we sanded it with fine sandpaper focusing on the edges first. 


Then, we distressed it a bit more and changed the hardware. 




Lastly, we waxed and buffed the dry sink just to give it a softer finished look and feel.


It is currently in our dining room and is doubling as a buffet/bar. Speaking of the dining room, it is still a work in progress but at least this has been painted. It just needs to be accessorized on top.


Functional and stylish. What's not to like?


Oh, and here are some other things that have been "sloaned". This window mirror is hanging above the living room fireplace. I bought it about 4 years ago at a garage sale and it was hunter green. It was then painted a tan color (which you can see poking through). Now, it has been painted in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey. 








Here is another mirror that I've "sloaned". Still not sure where it will be hung up.


This one was painted in Annie Sloan's Old White, just like the dry sink. Originally it was gold. 


And from an estate sale. I haven't even taken the price tag off the back yet. Oops.


 Have I convinced you that Annie Sloan Chalk Paint rules?







3 comments:

  1. Where do i buy Annie Sloan paint and do u have to prime slick finishes first or? What is it u like about this paint whats makes it different? I am very interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so if you go to this website:http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/North_American_Stockists.html
      it has a list of retailers that carry the paint in the United States. Hopefully there is a store near you! Good luck :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, I also meant to tell you that no, you don't need to prime with this paint. That is one of the reasons it is so great.

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.