Sunday, August 30, 2015

A well dressed window

If you follow along on Instagram, you might remember me asking for some help in deciding which fabric to use for a window treatment in our recently renovated powder room.
This was the IG picture of my options:


I appreciate all of you that weighed in and loved reading everyone's opinions. It really helped me narrow it down to my final choice which ended up being this Thom Filicia pennock lakeside fabric (second option from the top).


My very talented mom, who also made the window treatments in Charlie's nursery, was able to do the same for this bathroom window. Only this roman shade is even better because it actually goes up and down (Charlie's nursery has roll up shades behind the faux-roman shades).
Here's one DIY tutorial if you are feeling confident!


I'm starting to think I should probably re-name this blog The Patti Projects considering she is the one that takes many of my ideas and brings them to life (visit here, here, and here to see what I'm talking about!)


Once again, thank you mom for all of your help!





A couple more things to do in this bathroom (i.e. the unfinished window sill) and I'll share a full reveal soon!

- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. We're going to do faux roman shade with roller shades behind in our new nursery and I'd love to know which roller shades you purchased and if you like them! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The roller shades in the nursery that are hidden behind the faux roman shades are actually the ones that were in the house when we purchased it. They're just your basic vinyl ones (like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bali-Cut-to-Size-White-Cordless-6-mm-Room-Darkening-Vinyl-Roller-Shade-37-25-in-W-x-78-in-L-37-3010-01/100523444). I'm happy with it because they stay hidden but when it's nap time or bed time, it's easy to just pull them down and they darken the room pretty well.

      Delete
  2. I love that your mom helps with so many of your projects. I can imagine that's how my mom would be. She make my homecoming and wedding gowns. She was an awesome seamstress and loved to sew, like your mom too. I'm thinking about adding a Roman shade to our downstairs bath. We have faux wooden blinds there now and I despise cleaning them.

    P.S. Thanks so much for the anniversary wishes. I ordered the cake topper from Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/EllaGraceMonograms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i know i'm lucky to have her! and from the looks of it, i think your mom passed along her talent to you because you come up with some great projects!

      and thanks for the cake topper source! going to bookmark that one.

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.