Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm goin' (back) to Jackson...

This past weekend I was able to visit my brother's and sister-in-law's house that I posted about here.
Even though it had only been a month since my last visit, it was incredible to see how much has changed since I was there!

Naturally, there are still some things that need to be finished but they were able to recently move in and begin making this house feel like home (and even host Easter dinner)! 

Check out the progress:


The outside of the front door is Benjamin Moore's Hale Navy and the foyer is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.



Let's take a peek upstairs...


Here's one of the bedrooms, which is painted the same color as our nursery: Behr's Silver Dust.


Does this bed look familiar? 
We have the same one in our guest bedroom and my parents have it as well. 
It's a family favorite and Meryl was actually the one that originally spotted it!



Here's a look at the master bedroom that boasts the best views of the water
(which I did not do a very good job capturing, sorry).


This room is painted in Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl.





Below is a tiny glimpse of the master bath (still being completed but already looking awesome):


The upstairs has another bedroom and bathroom which are still in the works but I will share on my next visit.

Let's go back downstairs...


The main floor is painted in Benjamin Moore's Pale Oak.






And for my favorite part of the house...the kitchen!






They were able to incorporate a lot of touches that make this new house feel unique and full of character such as using vintage glass cabinet fronts, planked walls, and a vintage copper sink (which I will share on my next visit).
Also, in a wall shared by the downstairs bathroom and office, they installed this stained glass that my grandfather actually made.
Here's what it looks like on the office-side of the wall:


And here it is from the bathroom-side of the wall.
It's cool how the natural light makes the colors of the glass really pop.


What's a house on the water without some outdoor living?
This house has decks for days!




It was a little chilly out that day but I had to head out to the dock to get a full look at the house:


As far as the outside goes, they have plans to landscape, re-tread the dock, and turn the underneath of the house into a garage.

And here's a shot of some of the family on Easter in that magazine-worthy kitchen of theirs
(mom was behind the camera):


Congrats Sean & Meryl on a beautiful new home!

- Caitlin

P.S. 
Only a few more hours left in the Rewined mimosa candle giveaway.
Winner will be announced on Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. Wow their house is amazing! I would love a source list on more of their furniture but I have a feeling it might be a lot of amazing garage sale finds ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you guessed right! I can tell you where some of the non-garage sale stuff is from though. The kitchen stools are from World Market, lamp next to chair in master bedroom is from Pottery Barn, master bedroom bed is Pottery Barn (although they got it from Craigslist), rope lamp in living room is Pottery Barn, lamps on nightstands in master are Target, rattan chair and ottoman in living room are Pottery Barn (but were a garage sale find), and upholstered chair in living room is from Sailor Trading Co.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with their home. Their style is so classic and timeless. Great taste runs in your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it ! sean loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where they got the kitchen cabinets? Specifically the vintage glass ones? Beautiful home all around, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacki! The vintage glass ones are a garage sale find that my mom came across so unfortunately I don't have any additional information with regards to their origin other than that. Let me know if you want to know the cabinet maker's information however!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.