Sunday, May 4, 2014

Nursery progress: a tiny table for two

Lately I've been feeling like time is not on my side as the countdown until baby arrives is only a few weeks away (ah!) and there is still a lot left on my to-do list. 
But I've been trying to remind myself that it is okay if not every little thing in the nursery and the rest of the house is perfectly complete (he won't know the difference after all). 
It does feel good though to have this little corner of the room finished:


I picked up the table and chairs for just $15 from the same garage sale where I found the art that I hung above our bed and the nightstands in the nursery (makes waiting in line in the cold totally worth it). They were originally a dingy yellow so we spray painted them white (of course I forgot to take a before picture).


My mom sewed the seat cushions (still banking on her teaching me how to sew this summer) out of pillow shams I originally bought for our bedroom but ended up not using. They were final sale and I couldn't return them so I was happy to re-purpose the shams in this room. 



As for the dolphin toy, it was a DIY project my mom surprised me with inspired after this RH Baby & Child toy! She made the base from a kitchen cutting board and added wheels and a rope. If that's not crafty, I don't know what is!




I hope your enjoy your Sunday!
- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. So cute and those seat cushions are adorable!! I would love to learn how to sew! I would save tons of money on pillow covers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Those are so sweet! When are you due?

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.