Recently I did an easy DIY project for the baby's bathroom involving re-purposing this oar:
It was a garage sale find that we had hanging in between two closet doors in the guest bedroom of our last place. Since then, it has been sitting in a closet collecting dust until I decided to re-purpose it.
I started by taping off the areas I wanted to paint.
Then, I taped off three areas to create gray stripes.
It looked a little too perfect once I took the tape off so I sanded down the painted parts to give it a little more of a rustic look.
Lastly, I added hooks and hardware on the back to hang it.
Here's the finished product:
I picked up the shark bath mitt here...
...and the gingham bath robe was a gift purchased here.
One more look at the before & after:
I'll share a look around the whole bathroom soon!