Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Art from my heart & how patience is a virtue that I don't have

A week or so ago, I posted here about some Etsy nursery art that I had been admiring.
There are so many cute options out there but the thought of not being able to fill some of the frames in the nursery until the art arrived via snail mail was testing my lack of patience (ridiculous, I know).

So, I decided to try my hand at some DIY art.
I started by purchasing some craft paper from Michaels that matched the colors of the nursery. 


Originally I wanted the paper to be punched into anchors or whales but the Michaels by me didn't have a paper puncher in those shapes. I saw some online but as you might guess I was also too impatient for delivery. So, I went with the heart.


Next, I arranged the hearts in a pattern and made sure they were spaced out evenly enough 
(no measuring, also too impatient for that, just eye-balling).
Once I was happy with where they were placed, I taped each heart down.


Here is the final product framed:


A super easy and quick project for the impatient ones like me!
- Caitlin

3 comments:

  1. So cute! The nursery is going to be amazing my the time it's finished.

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.