Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 round up

As 2014 comes to a close, I'm taking a look back at all that we have accomplished in a year.
It's easy for me to get caught up in the "I can't wait to change this..." or "we still need to do that" so it's good to reflect sometimes and remind myself of all that we have already done in one of the two years of being in this house.

So, take a walk down this blog's memory lane to re-cap some of my favorite posts from each month of 2014:


(from left to right, starting at top)

January: DIY heart garland
This was a quick and easy project that I was excited to have featured on SMP Living!

February: bedroom art
These framed prints were well worth the wait in the cold and really helped to kick-start our master bedroom design.

March: new dining room light fixture
It felt good to finally cover the gaping hole in our dining room ceiling with this PB light fixture I had been oohing and ahhing over for a long time.

April: DIY island turned kitchen table
I'm glad I saved Chris the headache of making a kitchen table from scratch. Instead, we modified a West Elm kitchen island to fit our needs!

May: completion of Charlie's nursery
Perhaps my proudest project (besides Charlie of course). His room is my happy place!

June: our happy hot mess
We all need a dose of reality every now and then right? I loved reading all of your comments on this post! It is a good reminder we need to cut ourself some slack.

July: our master bedroom reveal
Seeing this room come together was a process but in the end, I'm happy I didn't rush it.
*Update*
Sadly, our fiddle leaf fig tree wasn't very happy with me and has already bit the dust. Another plant that isn't so needy has taken its place.

August: updated coffee table
Gotta love a good Craigslist find! I wasn't totally sold on this table at first but now I'm so happy we found it.

September: art app
A solution to some of our empty frames and bare walls!

October: SMP Living house feature
While it was a bit stressful getting the house ready for this photo shoot, in the end I'm glad I did it and I'm so appreciative that SMP Living took the time to feature the house!

November: holiday DIY door decor
A quick and easy (and cheap) DIY project that I can get done during nap time? I'll take it.

December: outdoor holiday decor
I'm glad I took a more toned down neutral approach to our winter porch decor. Sometimes I need to KISS (keep it simple stupid).


I just want to say thank you to all that take the time to visit this blog! While I had certainly slowed down a bit, I still enjoy sharing the projects we do on our home. Cheers to 2015 and more projects to come!

Happy New Year!
- Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. I sure do enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all of the inspiration. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.