Monday, July 6, 2015

A peek around my sister's place

Recently my sister and brother-in-law (whose wedding I have posted about before here) bought a house just thirty minutes or so from us. I'm so excited to have them relatively close by especially because most of our immediate family is almost two hours away in New Jersey.

Today I'm excited to show you some of the progress they have made in just two weeks of being first time homeowners! 

In this post you'll find a few before pictures (from the previous owners) and after pictures as well as source lists for most of the furniture/decor. 

So let's start with the dining room and a look at the before and after.
I have dining table envy:

Before...


After...












Dining room source list:

paint - top (Behr's Silver Dust) and bottom (Benjamin Moore's Horizon)
chairs - garage sale find but similar here
light fixture - garage sale find (would you believe only $10?!)
table runner - Home Goods
napkins - Ballard Designs
napkin rings - West Elm
plates - West Elm (no longer available)
candle sticks - Pottery Barn (no longer available)
round mirror - Overstock

Here's a small peek at their living room.
I also have sofa envy:

Before...


After...






Living room source list:

sectional - Pottery Barn
rug - Pier 1 Imports (I have the same one but in gray that you can read about here)
trunk coffee table - garage sale find
armchair - Ethan Allen (not available online) 
throw pillows - Overstock

Here's a look at one corner of their kitchen. 
I love how she put this together:









Kitchen source list:

metal wall rack - garage sale find
colored bowls - West Elm
labeled serving pieces - Home Goods
tin bin - garage sale find (they're using this for recycling!)
silver hook - garage sale find
metal rack above refridgerator - garage sale find 

Upstairs we go to look at the guest bedrooms.
A perfect example of the power of paint!

Before...


After...





Guest bedroom source list:

bed - Birch Lane (Warning: she purchased this bed thinking it was an oil-rubbed bronze color. It was not! It is actually a marbled navy. So, she sprayed painted it!)
bedding - Ballard Designs
end table, lamp, and accessories - garage sale finds
mirror - garage sale find

This is the smaller of the guest bedrooms and will hopefully be a baby's room sooner rather than later (no pressure guys!):

Before...


After...




Guest bedroom source list:

ladder - garage sale find
bed - garage sale find
bedding - Lands End (I just ordered the striped sheets for my bedroom)
white cabinet and accessories - garage sale find

That's it...for now!

If this is what they could get done in just two short weeks, I can't wait to see what they can do before the end of the summer!

Thank you Jamie and Brad for allowing me to photograph your house!
- Caitlin

8 comments:

  1. Your sister has amazing taste. Her home is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Nice to have your sister nearby too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice! I need to convince more family to move here now.

      Delete
  3. Two weeks!!! It looks so fresh and inviting. Just recently found your blog and love it. Great style :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!!!! I am about to go to Lands End, I had no idea they had a home section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never thought to look there either and I just got the sheets I ordered and love them!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.