Thursday, February 19, 2015

The tray that keeps transforming

I love how trays pull together odds and ends, which is why this tray (that I previously made over and shared here) is back out again on our coffee table with a new look.




I traded the Ikat fabric for this striped one that I picked up for $4 a half-yard at a local fabric store. Then, I re-painted the wood part of the tray with a combination of Annie Sloan's Old White and Pure White.


Lastly, I wrapped some rope around the handles and secured the ends with a hot glue gun.



So easy to do and cost me next to nothing!


The tray is accessorized with some left over Valentine's Day roses, a mini coffee table book, coasters, a Pottery Barn candle pillar I picked up at a church sale, and one of my DIY matchboxes.







- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. I need to find a tray like yours that I can transform. Yours looks great.
    That is pretty cool that your DIY wire hamper was featured in Real Simple. My husband and I made one over the summer for our boys bathroom. The only issue I had was finding a liner. I couldn't find one that I liked so I ended up making one from a drop cloth. I loved how it turned out and my boys like the size. It holds a lot of dirty clothes which makes less chores for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's clever to use drop cloth for the hamper liner!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.