Sunday, February 22, 2015

Now you see it. Now you don't.

A few weeks ago, I shared a look around our not-so-white white living room that was in the (slow) process of getting some fresh paint.

 Update: it's still not done as we still have some windows and the ceiling to paint.

I also shared my plans to mask the TV on the built-ins by building doors that mimic the smaller ones below it that hide the cable box and other wires.

To remind you, here was the before:


And here is the after:


I can't take all of the credit. 
I may have been the brains behind the operation but Chris made it happen, although they were pretty easy to build. All it took was some wood from Home Depot, some cutting and drilling, and paint. We were even to able to find the exact same hardware as the bottom doors.


Now, the TV is discretely tucked away except for when any one of the Real Housewives series is on (my guilty pleasure).




Next up for this space is to work on accessorizing and styling the shelves, which have turned out to be harder for me than I thought they would. 
It's getting there...


Thanks for stopping by!
- Caitlin

8 comments:

  1. I had to look back because I thought it was original! Well done!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it looks original even though it definitely is not!

      Delete
  2. It turned out beautifully! I love your style and this space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful transformation! Love reading/seeing your inspiring ideas. The rug in your living room looks different from before. Where is it from?

    Thanks!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, you are right! The rug is different. We sort of did a musical chairs of rugs in our house. This one (purchased from Rugs USA) was originally in our master bedroom but we moved it downstairs as we got a different rug for our room.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the idea of hiding the tv. For my kids, it could be a potential 'out of sight, out of mind' thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha I never thought of the benefit of it being hidden with dealing with the kids since our son is still very little but good to know for the future!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.