Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Master mini-makeover

This time last year, I shared a look around my parents' house including a peek at their master bedroom:





Well, there have been some changes since then. 
By switching out some pillows, bedding, and accessories, the room has taken on a different look:



My mom made the patterned pillows and the khaki ones are Pottery Barn.


I liked their old bedding but I love the crisp navy blue and white on their bed now.




The striped throw blanket at the end of the bed is Nate Berkus for Target and can be found here.


A different mirror and some new accessories have freshened up this dresser.
The lamp is from Home Goods, the mirror was a Craigslist find, and the jewelry box was a tag sale purchase.





Since I love re-purposing things, I've taken the ticking stripe duvet cover that was on their bed and that was no longer being used and (with the help of my mom) have turned it into window treatments for our master bedroom


Once they're hung up, I'll share them with you!

Enjoy your day :)
- Caitlin

6 comments:

  1. Everything is lovely. Can you share some info regarding the fabric used to makes the small lumbar pillow? I love it. What is the name of the fabric & where did your mom get it? The leaves outlined in blue are so pretty. I could use that fabric in my living room.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Isn't that fabric pretty? She said she picked it up in a remnants sale so she isn't sure of the name of the fabric, sorry! I wish I could give you more information.

      Delete
  2. Wow, both the before and after are pretty awesome! I love that little painting above their bed especially!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I love that painting too! I need some art for my bedroom.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I can see where you got your good taste :)

    I LOVE their dresser! I just saw one just like it the other day at an antique store!

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.