Saturday, February 1, 2014

Trying on my chef hat

So, how have you been doing sticking to your New Year's resolution?

I'm happy to report that I did pretty well sticking to my January resolution of cooking more.
Now, I won't be trying out for Top Chef anytime soon and this week I somehow managed to screw up re-heating pizza (so sad) but I pushed myself to try out some recipes and show our kitchen a little love.

Here are some recipes that I tried my hand at and managed not to screw up.

Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Hash
I was sold at Brussels sprouts (my favorite veggie). This one was pretty tasty and if I were to make it again, I would throw some bacon in Chris's portion to add some more flavor. 

via Closet Cooking

Quinoa Muffins
Confession. I love muffins, especially healthy ones like these below. I strayed from the recipe a little bit by using whole wheat flour instead of white and I threw in some sliced almonds. 

via Martha Stewart


Blackberry Muffins
After a trip to my favorite grocery store on earth (Trader Joe's), I found myself with a whole lot of blackberries in the fridge. So, I decided to use them in this muffin recipe. Having a dozen of them in the freezer makes for a quick breakfast after a minute in the microwave.

via Building Memories Together


Creamy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
Making soup sounds like an involved process requiring a lot of ingredients but that could not be farther from the truth with this recipe. It was so simple and easy. I am definitely making it again and will double the recipe and freeze some of it. Plus, it was so healthy that I didn't feel guilty helping myself to seconds.

via Simple Dish


White Bean and Kale Soup
This soup was also easy to make and was perfect for warming up during this Polar Vortex.

via Culinary Hill

Here's to sticking to February's resolution!

Have a great weekend!
- Caitlin



2 comments:

  1. Hey Caitlin! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Closet cooking was one of the first food blogs I discovered. Thanks so much for sharing the link to the Brussels sprouts hash. Looks so good! So glad to know you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the quinoa muffins. Can`t wait to try them! Love your blog, new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.