Sunday, February 23, 2014

Refreshing rearranging

When I walk by the same things that have been in the same place in my home for too long, it starts to bug me (something I've adopted from my mom).
So, I'm constantly rearranging things in order to keep it feeling fresh.
Below are three examples of rearranging and changing of accessories that I made this weekend.

In our dining room, we have had this red polka dot runner and white pitchers on the table since Christmas. 
After seeing it this way for the past two months, I was ready for a change. 




So, I put down this runner that I picked up from Home Goods for less than $15 and switched out the white vases for a wooden tray and a glass vase filled with hydrangeas. 


I think this look is refreshing and says,
"don't worry, spring is coming!"





I also switched out our kitchen utensil holder.


We've had this same one for about four years.
There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, you can buy it here from Crate and Barrel.
But I'm just tired of looking at the same thing.


So, I switched it out for this white planter that I picked up at a garage sale for three bucks.


It might be an insignificant change to some, but to me it goes a long way.


My final rearrangement this weekend was with some of the accessories on our bathroom counter.
Here's the before...



And here's the after...


I was getting tired of looking at that piece of coral and replaced it with these fresh flowers in a glass and wooden votive holder.



One more look at the changes...

 



I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

- Caitlin

7 comments:

  1. I swear something was in the air this weekend because I did lots of this type of work over the weekend - and managed to blow an unmentionable amount of money at Homegoods :) Where did you find the two-tiered accessory that you're using in your bathroom? I've tried to do something like this as well and the cake plates (I have no idea what the accessory is called!) are too short to hold much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been the warm weather giving us all a glimpse of spring causing the spring cleaning frenzy to start! The tiered accessory in my bathroom is from a garage sale!

      Delete
  2. Hi Caitlin! Love your style! I am wondering where you found your tiered storage in the bathroom? I have been looking for something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from a garage sale so I unfortunately don't know where it originated from. Sorry! Wish I could be more of a help.

      Delete
  3. Where did you get the items for the center piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, on the dining room table? That wood bowl is from a garage sale. The glass vase is Home Goods and I just picked up some flowers from Trader Joes.

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.