Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'd like to thank...

If you haven't noticed, I don't like to "talk" too much about myself or personal life on this blog.
I prefer to just post some pictures and write as little as possible to avoid any grammar mistakes and/or embarrassing over-sharing!

When Sarah from Sarah's Daybook (she is also the little sister of a friend of a friend) nominated me for a Liebster Award though (a chain-like award for smaller blogs), I thought, "why not?"
I think it's so cute that Sarah (who is only 15!) is going for it and starting a blog of her own. It's not easy to put yourself out there, especially during the high school years.

So, thanks Sarah for reading The Picket Fence Projects and for the nomination!
Below are my answers to Sarah's questions:

1. Why did you start blogging and would you re-name your blog if you could go back?
I started this blog when we purchased our house in an effort to document the progress we made on it and in hopes to inspire others when it comes to decorating their homes since I get so much inspiration from others. I still like the blog name so I don't think I would re-name it!

2. What is one pet peeve of yours?
It's ridiculous but when the silverware in the dishwasher is all mixed up, it bugs me! Those that have lived with me know that the dirty forks must be loaded with the other dirty forks, the knives with the knives, etc. I think it makes unloading the dishwasher easier! Does this make me A-type?

3. Are you a Windows or Apple person?
I used to be a Windows person but when I started at my new job and was forced to use Apple, I became addicted to it. Chris also got me a Mac Book for Christmas and I love it.

4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I guess it would be having the projects and things we do around the house documented so that I can go back and look at how much we've accomplished so far. Also, it's a nice way for me to share what we do around the house with friends and family that don't live very close.

5. What are your favorite pair of shoes?
For winter, I have a pair of heeled brown leather J. Crew boots that I bought about 5 years ago. They're comfortable and the leather looks better now all worn in than when I first bought them. Since they are so old, they're no longer available at the store but I found them on eBay here in size 8. For fall/spring, I have lots of flats so it's hard to pick a favorite. My latest purchase are these ones from H&M. In the summer, I live in these Old Navy flip flops.

6. If there was a movie made about you, who would you cast as yourself?
Hmm...maybe Kate Hudson?

7. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Well, I guess it's kind of lame but I pride myself on being organized!

8. What kind of camera do you own?
I own a Canon Rebel. Chris bought it for me two years ago and I really like it and use it all the time for pictures on the blog.

9. Do you think you would ever get your own domain name if your blog got really popular?
Sure, why not?

10. Would you pay to get your blog designed?
Depends on the price! Actually, my sister designed the blog header and we have talked about re-doing it. But I do think it would be cool to have the whole website done so that it looked really professional.

11. If you had to change one thing about your house, what would it be?
Easy! I would plop it right next to the beach. But, my brother and sister-in-law are building an unbelievable house on the water so that is the next best thing!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Caitlin! So glad that my sister showed me your blog!

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.