Thursday, January 2, 2014

Picket Fence 2014 Resolutions

Happy New Year!
I usually don't like to make New Years resolutions because I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure by creating a resolution I need to follow for an entire 12 months.

This year though, I'm trying to make more manageable resolutions for the first few months of the year. When I get to March, I'll see where I am and plan some new resolutions for April, May, and June.

So here they are:


Cook more!


We have this industrial stove in our kitchen and it's a shame to not use it. Plus, ordering out can get expensive and can result in some not-so-healthy choices. So, I plan to cook more for the month of January. Hopefully I'll enjoy it so much, I'll keep it up for the following months. Wishful thinking? We'll see!



Start working on the downstairs bathroom.


I've posted about our downstairs bathroom that I am jonesing to fix up. It's in fine working order but I think we could make it look even better by planking the walls or a wall (which my friend Elizabeth recently did in her bathroom and it looks awesome), tiling the floor, and some other changes. What else is there really to do in February anyway?



Purge each room and have a garage sale.


I've posted before about how I like to do quick purges here and there but I'm talking about a BIG purge in March. I might appear to be organized and clutter-free but just take a peek in the office above our garage and you'll think you've stepped into an episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive. We've accumulated more than what is necessary and it has to go!

Here's to sticking to it!
- Caitlin




3 comments:

  1. I'll have to do a major purge of my house so I can stock up at your tag sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to do a major purge of my house so I can stock up at your tag sale!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.