Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cozy Christmas cottage

Yes, another holiday post. 'Tis the season, right?
If you've been following, you know I've taken a more muted approach to our holiday decorating in the house this year (to see what I'm talking about, you can visit here, here, here, and here).

I decided though to put a few of our red decorations to use outside in the guest cottage. 
Look, we even got a sprinkle of snow today to add to the festiveness!


Some red and white throw pillows from Home Goods add a pop of color:






By the fireplace, a couple lanterns and faux trees:






And lastly, a throw blanket on this rocking chair I've posted about before:


I think they're simple touches but still helps get the holiday message across.

A quick thank you to Architecture Art Designs for making our DIY wire hampers one of their 22 Most Fascinating 'From Trash to Treasure' DIY Home Projects Everyone Must Know!

- Caitlin

13 comments:

  1. Oops - email is twelve30atgmaildotcom for the question about the throw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks so serene and lovely! What a wonderful fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now if only I would learn how to make a fire :)

      Delete
  3. Such a welcoming guest cottage! Lucky guests! I love how simply it is decorated yet with great fabrics, colours and texture in the wood and fireplace. I dream of a property with a separate space like this one day. We have a basement guest space (bedroom, kitchen, small living area and bathroom) that I will be repainting and styling (budget wise) in the New Year and this is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is nice to having this space, especially since we have family staying over frequently to see the baby. Best of luck with your guest space. Sounds like a fun project!

      Delete
  4. Where did you get the faux trees on the hearth??? I've been looking for ones just like that. Crossing my fingers you don't say garage sale... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so welcoming and charming. Love the pops of red against the neutral pallet. Where did you find the fabric for the throw pillow with the buttons? love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric was a remnant from a local fabric store.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's from Overstock. I believe it's called Inspire Q Giselle Iron bed

      Delete
  7. Hi-

    Where is your stripe comforter from!!??

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.