Friday, August 21, 2015

Project "zhush" the cottage

As I've been wrapping up getting Charlie's playroom together, my attention has been turning towards our little guest cottage which I think is in need of some "zhushing".


The past few times I've gone in there to clean it up for guests staying over, I've been underwhelmed by it's appearance. Maybe it's my style changing (from just two years ago!) but I just feel like this space needs a little makeover. 

So, I've done what I usually like to do before starting a new decorating project, which is create a mood board so I can better envision what the space could look like.

Here's what I came up with:


If you haven't noticed, my love for blue and white is slowly taking over our house and I want to continue out here too. I've already ordered the duvet and the throw pillows and plan on keeping the existing white lamps that are out there. I already have the silver frames (purchased but never used in our powder room) but will need new nightstands (would love to find something like these ones but at a lower price point), a new rug, and a few new accessories. No big deal, right?

Here's a source list for the above:

bedding (on sale!)
silver gallery frames (also on sale!)
lamps (these were Target and are no longer available but are similar here)
pillows (also on sale!)
rug (have it in gray and love it)

I'll keep you updated on the progress!
- Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.