Thursday, September 12, 2013

When I dip you dip we dip

With work starting back up and being away the past few weekends, I haven't had the chance to do some "big" projects around the house. 
Instead, I've had to satisfy my DIY appetite with quick little projects like this one below.


Here's what the basket looked like before on the landing of our staircase:


And here is the after:


In reality, I didn't actually "dip" the basket. A regular can of paint isn't wide enough for dipping and filling a big bucket with paint deep enough to dip just seems too messy.
Instead, I used this spray paint below (it was what we had in the garage).


Using painter's tape, I taped off the area I didn't want painted and covered it with a garbage bag.


It's a subtle change but I like it. 
Not to mention it satisfied my spray paint fix for the week.



Clearly "dipping" just one thing wasn't enough.
I also dipped (and not fake dip like the basket) the handle of our pizza board:


This was also easy to do. 
I used Annie Sloan Pure White Chalk Paint and the handle fit in the can.


After the dip, I let the handle of the board drip over the sink with newspaper. 
I also rotated it about every 10 minutes so that there weren't any drip marks underneath.


Here it is in a basket in the kitchen with other cutting board and rolling pins.



Have a great day!
- Caitlin

1 comment:

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.